The Latest News & Analysis From & About the Community Rights Movement
Did Project Censored Miss the Biggest Story of the Year? Corporate Constitutional “Rights” that make Crises Inevitable.
This original essay was written by Paul Cienfuegos, Founder and Co-Director of Community Rights US. In early October, Project Censored released its always-newsworthy Top 25 Most Censored Stories of the past year. These are urgent [...]
This audio interview with Thomas Linzey was published on the Progressive Radio Network on October 15, 2017. Thomas Linzey is the executive director and an attorney for the Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund, which has [...]
This audio interview with attorney Jason Flores-Williams was done by Anne Marie Tremonti and appeared on cbcradio's The Current, October 10, 2017. In March of this year, New Zealand marked a legal first: The Whanganui [...]
Letter to the Editor submitted to the Bradford Era local newspaper in Pennsylvania on October 7, 2017.
The following Letter to the Editor was in direct response to the Bradford, Pennsylvania newspaper's local news story titled "Highland Township’s Home Rule Charter Stripped by Court". Highland Township’s home rule charter that bans corporations [...]
4-3 decision denies the right to vote, unites residents across the state A Press Release from the Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund, from October 7, 2017. While a split decision by the Ohio Supreme Court is [...]
Welcome to Community Rights US. We’re glad to meet you! Explore our site to learn about…
* the history of how corporations have been asserting their constitutional “rights” since 1819
* the rise of the Community Rights movement as a direct response to this hidden history
* the over 200 towns, cities & counties that have passed Community Rights ordinances to protect their residents, & to reclaim the right of The People to govern themselves
* how your town can launch a successful Community Rights ordinance campaign
* resources to help your community’s residents transform their perceptions of themselves – from consumers, workers, and activists into Becoming We the People
* upcoming Community Rights events across the US
* up-to-date news & analysis from and about the Community Rights movement