Our Mission: To protect the rights of We the People and the natural world by dismantling corporate rule (from the local up)!
At the heart of Community Rights US (CRUS) is the belief that We the People rule over corporate interests because the purpose of law and government is to serve and protect our people, our communities, and nature.
We are a national team of professionals working with communities to pass locally enforceable laws protecting people and nature from corporate destructive practices. We offer continuing support to communities in order to create a sustainable, lasting shift that puts the power back in the hands of the people over the long-term.
We provide in-person, phone and online services to diverse communities working locally to dismantle the structures of law that make corporate destructive practices legal, while rediscovering our collective power as “We the People”. CRUS facilitates customized support services through a national network of providers addressing the following topics:
- CR education and consulting throughout and beyond ordinance campaign process
- Legal support throughout campaign
- Recognizing CR work within the longer arc of nonviolent social change
- Collaborative decision-making
g (learning to respond differently when the legal system tells you “no”)
- Working through their grief, sorrow, anger and fear about the state of our society and our world
- Organizing (including meeting facilitation, media & outreach, fundraising, conflict resolution, direct action)
We are a non-profit project of the 501c3 tax-exempt organization Co-Intelligence Institute (CII),
based in Oregon.